Home Energy Efficiency
Thank you for your interest in the Home Energy Efficiency Program. This program is due to open in mid-March for Oncor customers. Please check the Take A Load Off Texas main page for official opening announcement.
Oncor provides incentives to Service Providers who implement energy saving projects in homes located in Oncor's service area. The incentives help offset the cost of energy efficiency measures completed in a consumer's home that otherwise may not be completed.
The incentives may cover the cost of some of the measures completed in the program, while not covering all of the cost of the more expensive measures. Oncor provides the incentive directly to the Service Provider, who then determines what to do with the incentive payment. Charges vary by Service Provider and no incentives are paid directly to the consumer by Oncor.
All homes must have Oncor as their electric delivery provider. Homeowners and consumers who rent their homes may participate, provided renters have permission from the homeowner.
These are the most common measures eligible:
- Insulation - Installing the appropriate amount of insulation in your attic, walls and floors not only helps reduce your cooling and heating costs but also makes your home more comfortable.
- Duct sealing - Properly sealing your air conditioning ducts will reduce the amount of cooling and heating required to keep your home comfortable. This saves energy and lowers cooling and heating costs. Service Providers must test for air leakage before and after performing the duct sealing measures.
- Caulking and Weather-Stripping - Caulking around windows and other openings and weather-stripping doors in your home can significantly reduce air leakage, which reduces cooling and heating costs. Service Providers must test for air leakage before and after performing the air sealing measures.
Additional Qualifying Measures
The following measures may also be offered by the Service Provider based on your home's needs and their capabilities:
- Replacement of air conditioning units; equipment must be a new matched indoor/outdoor system with ARI (American Refrigeration Institute) energy efficiency rating of 16 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) or higher
- Replacement of heat pumps; equipment must be a new matched indoor/outdoor system with ARI energy efficiency rating of 16 SEER and a HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) of 8.2
- Replacement of electric water heaters
- Installation of ENERGY STAR windows, refrigerators, dishwashers and clothes washers
- Reduction of infiltration in a single family home, multifamily home or small business.
All measures must be installed by a Service Provider to be eligible for incentives. Some restrictions and conditions may apply to particular measures.
Service Providers undergo an application process and enter into a standard contract with Oncor. These Service Providers can be:
- General Energy Efficiency Service Providers
- Retail Electric Providers
- Energy Service Companies (ESCOs)
Any listing of Energy Efficiency Service Providers available from this website is not associated with or endorsed by the Public Utility Commission of Texas or Oncor. Oncor is not a party to the agreement between the consumer and the Service Provider. The Service Provider is solely responsible for the performance of the work and contract fulfillment.
Selecting a Service Provider
We encourage you to use our How to Select a Service Provider guide to help you compare providers. The Service Provider will evaluate your home to determine which measures will save the most energy and produce the greatest reduction in home energy costs. Some providers charge for this pre-assessment and some do not.
Each Service Provider is required to ensure all installations are completed with quality workmanship. Be sure to inspect the work before signing any final forms. You should contact your Service Provider to resolve any issues with the installation. The next step would be to utilize the complaint procedure outlined in the Consumer Disclosure and Protection form provided by the Service Provider.
Program Participation Documents
Air Conditioning Duct Leakage Test
Whole House Air Leakage Test
Contact Information for Participation